Saturday, July 7, 2012

Another day of more cleaning!



Holy Moly I'm a cleaning machine today! I was determined to get my dining room back! And I did it. Take notice of the photos from yesterday, there was a rug under my table. After four years that Home Depot rug had seen better days. 

I couldn't stand the stains or all the pulls from all the cats. Now that I am down to two cats from my "cat lady starter kit of 1995" I've had more than enough of the fur, hair balls and meowing. I am looking forward to being CAT FREE!!! Personally I don't want any more pets, but I'm sure if my boys beg I'll give in. I'll deal with that when it happens.

So here is the pig pen at the start of my day. I really never thought I would get it done.





I sorted all the clothes, bagged them up and put them in the corner of my room. That's another project and I can only handle one at a time. All the photos came off the wall and the window treatments were taken down and washed.





I made the roommate take down the child room divider between the kitchen and dining room. It needs to be cleaned too. Since Anthony has learned to stay out of the draws and Alexander isn't walking yet, I thought it would be nice to open the space up for a while.






The roommate and Anthony went to visit to his family for the evening and I got to work. I scrubbed the floor on my hands and knees with a homemade cleaner that I found the directions for on Pinterst, washed down all the walls, wood work and doors. I made a homemade wood polish from Pinterst and applied that to everything wood. Check out the shine in the photo above.

Once it was dry I turned the table sideways, hung the window treatments back up and all the photos.





The roommate took his boxes of crap to his storage unit too!! I am so pleased with how the room looks. It's the first room you see when you open the door to our apartment. The clutter and junk was getting to me. I hated coming home....well it's the people too but at least when I open the door it will look nice.


I even put some lemons in my square vase on the sideboard under the window, see them?

I still need to neatly fold Anthony's clothes that I am keeping for Alexander, pack them in the crates and put them in the basement. Clean the kitchen counter and floor, fold some clean clothes and put them away. And clean off the hutch in the dining room that you can't see in any of the pictures.

That's all on my to do list for tomorrow. My apartment is going to be neat and clean when the Early Intervention people get here Monday morning to evaluate Alexander. 

~~~~~~~~~beep   beep    beep    beep    beep    beep   beep~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We interrupt this blog post with a special announcement. 

The four year old BOSS came home looked around my clean dining room and spotted my vase of lemons!!! He asked for the "squeezey thing" to squeeze the juice out so he could make "Lemon Juice"




He made me kill my lemons!!! I was able to save two. Guess they have to go on my shopping list.

I didn't work out per say, but I'm sure the massive cleaning counts as something. I did stick to my diet!!!

My big fat life just got a little neater and I'm starting to feel my missing mojo come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment