Monday, June 4, 2012

Days 85 & 86 another weekend

Another crazy weekend!

Saturday June 2, 2012 - Day 85
I am still trying to get done things for the Christening. Table seating is a little crazy but I'll get it done. I have a list and need to stick with my list.

The stupid ass roommate got locked out of the van on Saturday. Instead of calling the cops he called to scream at me, like it was my fault. He told me to call OnStar but I didn't think they could help because we have the rear view mirror type, but I called and was very happy to learn they could send road side assistance. Within 20 minutes someone was there to unlock the van door. When the stupid roommate got home he went right back out again to the Dodge dealer to get us spare keys.

I also did a little shopping and got myself a lemon backpack! I love it. I also found big lemon and lime bags. I got a few of those and one I'll use to carry my shakes to and from the doctors from now on.

The other great thing that happen was I bought workout shorts and pants IN THE NORMAL SIZE SECTION OF THE STORE. I was not in the "woman's" or "plus size" I saw the work out area and thought "let me just take a look". When I saw the pants and shorts I didn't say to myself "they will never fit me" I decided to try them on because I thought they would and they DID! HOLY SHIT!!

I am so excited about the pants, much better than the big leggings that have been falling off of me while taking the walk/runs with Twiggy. And I was thrilled with the new black shorts. The two I have that I wear all the time are so big, that if I wear them when I work out, before I get to the end of my 30 jumping jacks they fall right off!

Later in the day I had the roommate get a few things down for me that I couldn't reach and I made him move some stuff in our room because I wanted to get to my secret hiding place *grin* I was on a hunt for the ring we gave my grandmother with all our birthstones. I found it and super excited that it fit. I also found my high school class ring which I haven't been able to get on my finger since before the first time I got married. woooo hooo there it is on my finger!





Sunday June 3, 2012 - Day 86

Spartan Race day!!! I was up early took care of a few things around the house and out the door I went to meet Cheryl and watch her do the Spartan Race. I had my new yellow shirt on and lemon backpack.


I was excited and nervous for her. I couldn't do any of the obstacles (I can here her saying YET) I would have been happy with myself just to make it walking around the course. I was pleased with myself that I didn't get out of breathe walking up and down the hill to take pictures. To me that was a big deal.

This was one of my favorite obstacles. I am so amazed my Cheryl!


If you don't know anything about my girlfriend Cheryl you can read about her journey here

Here she is at the end with her metal



Then guess what I did?! That's right I signed up for next year!All I keep thinking is OMG WHAT DID I DO, WHAT DID I DO!!



Even though I already knew I would have no support at all from home. I told the roommate. When I showed him all the pictures of Cheryl he said "You're going to do that?" and laughed. I don't know if he laughed because he knows how much I hate mud, or doesn't think I can do it.

 Either way FUCK HIM. Talk about an ultimate goal. I was never the kid who could finish the stuff in gym class. I would want to die of embarrassment when we had to run around the field. I would come home and cry and I couldn't do it.

I don't know how much I'll be able to do in a year but I'm going do try and do whatever I can. I saw woman doing this who were about my size now and they got it done! I can do this if I work at it.

Thanks for reading My Big Fat @$$

No comments:

Post a Comment