Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy Monday

It always makes me feel good when I wake up and the number on the scale has gone down. I know experts will tell you to only weigh yourself once a week.. well I have my official weigh ins on Fridays.. but it helps me stay in check to look at that number every day!!!

I did my work out already for the day. Yippee.. but man are my legs killing me. I am currently working out to Slim in 6®. This is my third week using the program. I did great the first week on Start It Up section. Last week I did 2 days of Start It Up and then did one day on Ramp It Up.

Ramp It Up is kicking my big fat ass!! I've only been able to get through half of that section. When she gets to the part where you need your training bands my legs are like jello so I haven't done the 2nd half YET!! I did find my training bands thank goodness, so I'm all set when I'm not shaking like jello legs...Jello legs makes me think of "spaghetti arms" :-)

Yesterday it really felt like my waste might have gotten smaller. I haven't done measurements since November. Maybe it's time to do them again. I just checked, the last time I did measurements was right before Halloween. It's totally time to measure my big fat ass!!

Now in case you're following my blog.. HA HA I know I'm talking to myself.. you'll notice a bunch of changes. First I renamed the blog address. Calling it my big fat ass blog and not using that as the address seemed silly. Next I made a fat ass cartoon and made the header and changed the blog colors.. nice huh? Well I think so. It makes me smile.

It's taken me almost an hour to write this post because I keep getting up to check on my son. He just asked for a snack of APPLE!! I am so happy, I'm doing something right. What a healthy snack. I cut up the apple for him and gave him 4 baby spoons with soy peanut butter on it.

I'm so happy that's what he asks for. I don't want him to have a weight problem. I know if I teach him healthy eating habits now, he will continue with them as an adult. He's even been doing some of the exercises with me!

Healthy eating wasn't even talked about in my house growing up. My mother had the junk food lined up on the counter. I could grab a pop tart any time I wanted and there was no mentoring how many of those double packages I ate!! Then when we visited my father the drive threw was our best friend. Eating Burger King in the back seat of his car was our normal dinner when we visited him.

Now it's time for me to go play SAHM and fold all the laundry, finish the shopping list and play with my son.

have a good day
Still Fat in NJ

No comments:

Post a Comment