Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 32 - Tragic

As I drank my morning coffee, all sleepy eyed and got on line, I had no idea how today's events would unfold. I got on line for a morning chat with a friend, the boys woke up, everyone was fed, Anthony watched movie after movie, Alexander slept, I tried to scrap, text message here and there, I just couldn't wake up. Then I decided I really needed a nap. It was then that I received the phone call that has me on an emotional roller coaster.

My Aunt called me to tell me that her grandson Paul III was found dead in his college dorm room this morning. I am shocked, I feel sick for my cousin Paul Jr., I don't know how you deal with the death of a child. I haven't seen my cousin Paul's kids in a long time because him and his wife divorced years back. So I really didn't know my cousin Paul III as a young adult. The last time I saw him he was a young kid. But this doesn't make it any less tragic and my stomach has been in a knot ever since the phone call. I don't know how my Aunt is holding it together. Her faith is much stronger than mine. I would FREAK if something happen to one of my boys, or if and when I have a grandchild.

I called my brother ASAP when I got off the phone with my Aunt. We all decided it's best not to tell my mother who's away in Europe on a vacation for two weeks. There is nothing she can do about it, it would ruin her vacation. She would probably want to fly home and we all decided not to do that for her, she just got there today.

Crazy things have been going threw my head. I hope if when Paul III past he was greeted by my Grandpa, his Great Grandpa. In this little branch of my family tree, only my grandparents have past. Their two daughters (my mother and aunt) are here, my Uncle and all of us first cousins. I never even thought one of our children would ever die. My Aunt kept saying "He's in a better place" and I kept thinking about the scene from Steel Magnolias when Mlynn flips out at Shelby's funeral.

When the roommate got home I got my work out in. I really needed to burn off some of these crazy emotions.

Here's me and my little Tony - who by the way is named after the Grandpa I just talked about


And here's me finished sweating like a pig.


Thanks for reading My Big Fat @$$

No comments:

Post a Comment