Friday, March 16, 2012

Day 8 - funny thing happened on the way to the doctor

Get my blog via email. Just put your email address in the "follow by email" box on the right side under my exercise ticker. Look over there  ---------->

I have been pissed off all week that my scale keeps showing me up 2lbs. There's really no doubt in my mind that it was in fact up the first week of March after my melt down into that black hole I get sucked into when life sucks! I don't remember eating anything else but potato chips that week.

But I recognized what I was doing and STOPPED and my 90 challenge was born. I know there might be times when I can't work out or I eat other food, so it's a 90 day 90% on target challenge. That gives me a -little- wiggle room, like for CAKE on my birthday. (cousin Chris if you read my blog I like cannoli cake, but one little cannoli with a candle will do!)


I weighed myself again last night and the damn scale still said up 2lbs. I headed to Dr. Ransom's with all the positives on my mind that happened this week and WOW there was a lot to be proud about.
  1. I met the goal to work out 180 minutes in a week
  2. I went OVER that goal by 30 minutes
  3. I drank more than 8 glasses of water a day
  4. I did the surrender exercise!
  5. I blogged every day
  6. and most importantly I am really learning to recognize when I slip up and when I'm doing great!

I got on that super duper scale that tells you the fat weight, muscle weight and water weight, closed my eyes and hoped for the best. I heard Carmon say "you're down 2 pounds" WHAT?!?!? DOWN!!!!!!!!!! I could not wipe the smile off my face! My evil scale had lied to me all week.

I am now only 6 pounds away from my lowest weigh in before I took the pregnancy test and 16 days away from when that lowest weigh in happened last year! I have 2 weigh ins to go. I don't want to make myself crazy and push for 3lbs a week but I will be THRILLED if the weigh in before my birthday puts me right where I was last year.

I left the doctor's office with that smile, put Alexander in the van and played my theme song for the year over and over until we were home.


I came in the door, put Alexander in the pack n play, put in that evil woman Jillian Michaels, changed my clothes and did my 30 minute work out! I knew I had to get it in right then or it would be more difficult as the day went on.
before:

after:


I was still smiling from my 2lbs down even after doing EIGHT of those kick ass Surrender Exercise!

Sure enough if I didn't get the work out in, I would be struggling right now with my crazy 4 year old, a crying 4 month old and my husband to get time for myself to work out for 30 minutes. I am not sure how I'm going to do it this weekend but I'll figure it out.

I am glad I pushed myself to get past day 5, I was really tired and could have just stopped working out. I am feeling GREAT!!!!!!!

Thanks for reading My Big Fat @$$

No comments:

Post a Comment