Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Quest for the Dress 2012

I knew I wanted to wear a dress for my son's Christening in June, I just figured I would go shopping in May to find something. Until the Lane Bryant spring catalog came in the mall. I fell in love with the dress and purple sweater on the cover. It has an iris print on it and iris is one of my favorite flowers. Of course my saboteur told me the dress was too busy.

Here's the dress:


I posted the dress to my facebook page and a few of my friends said "get it" but the saboteur still gets to me. After the 4th person said you would look good, I decided at the spur of the moment when running errands yesterday to go try it on.


The feedback from my friends was great! I came home very happy, with my size 22 dress, big difference from when I started dieting I was wearing a 32!! We had friends over for dinner and I put the dress on for them to see. They also liked it on me a lot.

When I took it off I realized it has a zipper, which I did NOT use to put the dress on!!! I started thinking, with pushing myself to exercise come June, this dress is going to be too big, I need a size 20!

This morning I called a few Lane Bryant stores until the lady in Clifton went out of her way to help me. When I told her I have been dieting and exercising and have lost 21 pounds from Jan. She said "Honey if you lose another 20lbs you will be in a size 18"

The lady found the dress for me in a 20 and because of what she said, I also have a size 18 on hold. I will pick up the dresses on Wednesday and I have a 60 return window. May 5th I need to decide which dresses are going back and which I'm keeping.

One thing I know for sure, that size 22 is going BACK!!!!!

And now it's time for my workout!! It's Day 3 of my 90 day challenge.

Thanks for reading :-0 Still Fat in NJ

No comments:

Post a Comment